Since last week, we've traversed worlds 2, 3 and 4 of Braid, and collected as many puzzle pieces as we could. I'll ask a few questions to get us started, but feel free to discuss anything about the experience.
1. How well do you think the text before each level and the gameplay changes in each level relate?
2. What do you think the clear similarities to Mario do for the game? How does this affect your reactions to the departures from the Mario formula?
3. At this point in the game, do you think we will rescue the princess by the end? Do you think there is a princess? More than one? Is the princess a real character, or representative of something else?
4. How do you approach solving the puzzles that stump you?
5. So far, what do you think the game says about making mistakes? What does it say about the desire to take back the mistakes you've made?
Sound off in the comments!
(What's the Monthly Game Club? Click here for details.)
FOR NEXT WEEK: Play through worlds 5 and 6, and keep collecting puzzle pieces!